Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday evening roundup

A friend of mine at work-- a guy-- actually tried the Master Cleanse. He liked it better than Time's Joel Stein.

More currently, the Post reviews the fourth "Eat This, Not That". The writer recommends it, in spite of herself. Blogger note: I find it of limited practical utility because I don't go to restaurants often, nor do I tend to buy processed foods, but it's still interesting. I'm not suggesting you buy the book, but do check out the website.

The other dynamics at play in Gatesgate: putting the elite in their place. Also, here's what Colin Powell has to say about the incident.

I agree that there's some silliness, pettiness, what have you, but could you not throw around the term "genocide" when "pettiness" or even "obstructive pettiness" will do?

No comments: