Friday, July 8, 2011

Washingtonians love their flextime

I've said before that one of the perks I most appreciate at work is the flexible schedule. Apparently, I'm not alone. Another thing I love about my job is that face time isn't important. Unlike those in the article, though, I do tend to work on Fridays. Partly because the office is relatively quiet, it's a great time to catch up on stuff. Also, if I'm going to see a play in town, I may as well do it from there. I did leave an hour early yesterday to get a mani/pedi, but that's a rare occurrence, precipitated by the fact that my hands and feet were an awful mess (and also by the fact that I had a groupon-like voucher I needed to use). But nobody cared.

I'm going to take advantage of the flexible schedule to see as much of Capital Fringe as I can. My choices, in case anyone wants to join me, are as follows:

An Adult Evening with Shel Silverstein

Pandora: A Tragicomic Greek Romp

PUN

Flyboy

Fat Men in Skirts

Assembly Required: Comedy A-to-Y

and maybe Pascal's Aquarium.

No comments: