Monday, July 11, 2011

More from last night's phone call

I do not, as you know, feel the need to broadcast my veganism, much less spend money to broadcast my veganism, but some of these are hilarious and a propos, particularly this button and this decal. On that note, when I talked to mom last night, she again demonstrated her refusal to let it go.

Mom: What did you do today? Was it hot?
A.: It was hot...
Mom: And you don't have anywhere to swim, do you?
A.: No.
Mom: So, what did you do?
A.: I went on a bike ride in the morning before it got hot, then I cleaned some, then went to see a play, then made some food.
Mom: What did you make?
A.: I just made some baba ganoush...
Mom: What's that?
A.: It's like hummus except you use roasted eggplant instead of chickpeas. But the other ingredients are the same--lemon, tahini, salt. Oh, except you don't add oil because the eggplant is soft enough.
Mom: What are you gonna eat when you're done eating that?
A.: Um, I don't know. I'll figure it out next week.
Mom: Sounds like pain.
A.: It was very quick to make.
Mom: I understand that you have to make these complicated things, because otherwise, with your restrictions, you'd get bored if you don't mix it up.
A.: I think everyone gets bored if you don't mix it up.
Mom: Just keep telling yourself that.

No comments: