Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday morning roundup

As Mr. Sageman points out, rhetoric is not cost-free.

Third-party time?

It's wonderful that someone's making the argument that it's the food system, not the calorie count that's driving the obesity epidemic, but as someone who finds myself at the mercy of restaurants when I travel for work, etc., I want to know what's in my food. I want to know how many grams of sugar are in that salad or other dish.

As New Yorkers marry, a quote from Hairspray, from Motormouth Maybelle, comes to mind:
Well, love is a gift, a lot of people don't remember that. So, you two better brace yourselves for a whole lotta ugly comin' at you from a never-ending parade of stupid.


Wow, “remorse, remorse, my kingdom for remorse” is a most awesome Shakespearean take on the Murdoch blowup.

No comments: