Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday evening roundup

I don't usually link to coverage of kidnap stories, as the coverage is often sensationalistic and the stories are broadly covered, but I found this interview summary very inspiring.

Also inspiring: Philip Gourevitch's piece on cycling in Rwanda.

Also do check out the profile of Sheryl Sandberg and let me know whether you think women must choose between assertiveness and likeability.

For those people concerned that gay marriage might grease the slope to animal marriage, please note that the former is not a prerequisite for the latter.

You've heard me rant about having to drive to the suburbs for Asian ingredients, even though I work in Chinatown. Well, many others are bemoaning Chinatown's devolution into Chinablock, and now, China corner.

No comments: