Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday morning roundup and response to comment

This Marriage Vow pledge business makes my head hurt for more than just the obvious reason.

Assateague's horses are getting out of control.

I'm never disappointed when understudies take the stage. Though maybe if I'd gotten tickets to last year's 'Streetcar' with Cate Blanchett, and someone had taken her place, I'd feel differently on the matter.

Attention DC tourists: please read these helpful hints from Vicky Hallett. Also, no grooming your leg hair on the metro, please.

I love Manolo, the shoe blogger.

Yeah, the Smith Alum Quarterly regularly advertises $10k trips to Nepal (or even Italy) and really overpriced rental properties. But this was just a local listserv. I know rents are high, but they're not that high. It's not my place to tell other people what to do with their money, but if you have over $3k a month to spend on housing, wouldn't you rather buy?

No comments: