Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday evening roundup and quick ramble

Interesting piece about naming colors (goes well with the earlier piece on paint colors, none of which is 'pond scum').

Jail-time for gardening is f*ed up.

It's amazing the stupid things people will put in writing.

Then again--you all can thank heaven that I don't tweet--I got bored waiting at a light and found myself so admiring my (unfortunately non-vegan) toe cleavage that I decided to take a picture and share it with you, against my better judgment.

In other rambles, I got an e-mail from the local Smith alum listserv advertising an apartment for rent--a two-bedroom with just over 1k square feet--for over $3,000 a month. Really? That's significantly more than my monthly payment (on a 15-year mortgage, for a four-bedroom house, plus property taxes). I mean, the condo was nice but not that nice. You really think who can afford to pay that wouldn't rather buy? I'm just asking.

1 comment:

Tmomma said...

i sometimes wonder if the alumni magazines and other things we get are just completely out of touch with the current economy. just because i went to a good school doesn't mean i want to pay up the wazoo for something i can do just as nicely for a lot less not using the alum association...maybe it's an image thing to attract new students, who knows...end rant.