Saturday, September 26, 2009

Saturday morning roundup

See, the decline in discourse just perpetuates itself:
Americans for Limited Government does not specialize in nuance. A recent e-mail message labeled Mr. Obama “the biggest liar of all,” and a piece on Mr. Obama’s enthusiasm for the national volunteer service agency AmeriCorps suggested a parallel with Hitler Youth...

Mr. Wilson seemed a bit abashed about the vitriol, but he said a more restrained voice would be lost in the political cacophony. “If I need to make my point, I’m going to make it in a provocative manner, because that’s how it attracts attention,” he said.
First of all, I love Switzerland. More importantly, Qaddafi continues to amaze me, and my expectations for the behavior of Middle Eastern potentates are hardly naive.

Let's hope Charles Blow has it right: on health care reform, slow and steady will win the race.

Lest you were one of one of those people who recently expressed doubt that religion could be a force for good: it's making a dent in machismo.

Aw, hell no. Getting locked in a metro station would surely find a place in the definition of hell.

No comments: