Tuesday, September 15, 2009

RM update

I decided on Sunday night that I'd be nice about RM, since he tidied up. He didn't need to-- I specifically told him I would when I got back. I'd cleaned much of the house, but when he got back early Sunday evening, and I'd just cooked up a storm, for myself for the week as well as a couple of dishes to take over to a friend's house, so I'd delayed cleaning the kitchen until afterward. I managed to clean it somewhat--food mess is what I have very little tolerance for--but the dining room table was still covered in paper mess. I'd specifically waited until my laundry was clean and moved it into the dryer, because I didn't want him touching it. Nonetheless, when I got home, my laundry was neatly folded in my hamper, and the dining room table was visible, with various papers arranged in discrete piles. I made a decision to be thankful rather than annoyed. The table did look good, and I didn't have to fold my own laundry.

My netflix is back on--don't ask me why, I barely get a chance to watch anything, even with the Daily Show on hiatus (it's back this week)-- and last week he asked me if he could watch one of the dvds, I said of course. He didn't end up watching it. He asked the same this week, and looked through what I had. And opted for "Harold and Kumar Escape from Gitmo." He said, "ooh, this is military! I think I'll like this!" I said, "um, maybe you won't. Have you seen the first one? See "...Whitecastle" first." So he opted for "Sylvia." It was pretty funny.

However, as usual, he has to go and piss me off. Last night, he was sitting on the step, petting Gracie. "She misses me because I pet her," he said, sanctimoniously. I rolled my eyes. I do pet my cat--but it's never enough. She needs attention 24/7, and I'm certainly not going to provide it. I'm sure it's easy for him to characterize me as the ice queen who chooses my reading materials and laptop over my cat (and him), and I'll leave him to that. I also think it's funny that he's letting her affections go to his head. She's a cat; her loyalties are fleeting. "Does she rub up against you and walk over, you, too?" Yeah, asshole. First of all, she's an attention whore: she does that to almost everyone. Second, she knows who her mommy is. Don't think that just because she did you the honor of pooping on your bed because you went away for the weekend that she's chosen you as her primary caregiver. I should be so lucky.

1 comment:

Tmomma said...

maybe you could get him to start having gracie sleep in his room. he'll quickly learn how she can be annoying but it could give you a few nights of peace.