Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday morning roundup

Yeah, maybe. But--and this is just one, anecdotal example--I can tell you that when I was in Australia, where tipping is unusual, the service was consistently horrendous. I mean abysmal. In theory, though, I agree with what she's saying. By the way, I saw "Waitress" and it was quite good. Also by the way, Ceiba has amazing service (and food).

Oh, come on, David Brooks. You're selectively ignoring a lot of the signs, which were flat-out racist. Sure, that may not have been the primary motivating factor, but it's been a key underlying element that allows the detractors to spread their BS. And they're deluded if they think they'll get their way--whatever that is--through angry protests. Look at them-- does their demographic homogeneity strike you at all? Many may be the same people that protested in Little Rock over fifty years ago. Those people were angry, indignant, self-righteous and determined as well, and their were masses of them. But schools were integrated, even in Arkansas, and we'll have health care reform, even amid the protests.

Yeah, sustainable agriculture just some useless concept thought up by elitists. It's not like industrial farms hurt real people, or anything like that.

I like my tea low-brow and affordable, thank you.

No comments: