Thursday, September 3, 2009

RM update

RM: Thanks for leaving the back door open for me.
A.: [blank stare]
RM: You don't do that when I'm not here, right?
A.: Um...
RM: I mean, when I'm here, it's fine...

[Pause]

RM: Otherwise, it's dangerous.
A.: [Shrug]

I originally thought he was kidding when he thanked me for leaving the door open "for him." I actually left it open for Gracie. I'm not sure how to interpret the "it's fine"-- is he trying to set the rules for me in my own house?

***
I realized today that I'm not that antisocial. I actually *like* chatting with the security guards at work (this only happens when I cycle in and they have to stop to check my ID, and there aren't so many people that talking holds up traffic). I chatted about the weather with the woman who scanned my ID this morning. It was an enjoyable social interaction. It's really my roommate that drives me up the wall.

***
The recycling situation has become great comedy: he apparently forgot our discussion about the triangular symbols, and now tosses recyclables AND tries to recycle trash. I take plastic bottles and aluminum cans out of the trash, and waxed and foiled cardboard containers out of the recycling bag. It's awesome.

No comments: