Thursday, September 24, 2009

Coupons are the new cupcakes

Okay but coupons only save you money if you're using them on stuff that you'd buy anyway or if they're really, really good. I'm not a compulsive clipper, because, as I've said, I tend to buy unprocessed foods, for which there are few coupons, and for cleaning products, I've taken to using vinegar, baking soda and lemon juice whenever possible (they do wonders, I tell you). I do buy toilet paper, coffee filters (mostly to drain eggplant), laundry detergent, and the occasional processed or packaged food product (veggie burgers, soy milk, nuts), but not frequently enough to plan my shopping around the coupons that come around (I guess it's different if you're shopping for a family of four). I did get a carton of organic, unsweetened Silk practically free (Harris Teeter was tripling coupons) the other day. Also, I tend to google for a coupon whenever I'm about to buy online. I found one for $100 off the laptop I ended up ordering.

No comments: