Sunday, September 13, 2009

Phone call

A.: Hello?
Mom: Hello!
A.: How's the Cape?
Mom: It's amazing here. The rental is perfect, the beach is perfect, the weather is perfect. The juicer arrived just before we left-- isn't that perfect timing? How's the weather where you are?
A.: Beautiful.
Mom: So, this juicer is amazing. Oh, and Natasha and Misha love it here, too.
A.: Say hello for me...
Mom: Where are you?
A.: Home.
Mom: What are you doing at home?? You said it was nice out!
A.: Well, it's a bit hot now, but mostly, I have things to do. I was out most of the rest of the weekend and headed out for at least a little while tonight, so I need to be home.
Mom: Fair enough...
A.: Oh, Mirella says hello.
Mom: How is she?
A.: She's good-- she was quite happy. She's loving being a grandmother.
Mom: Grandmother? That's through her son, right?
A.: Yeah.
Mom: Oh, so this juicer is amazing. You know how much time I used to spend...
[Dad]: Ask how Alexa is.
Mom: Wait a minute. Let me finish telling her about the juicer, then I'll ask. Anyway, it's amazing...

I didn't time her, but if I had to guess, I'd say she talked about the juicer for going on three minutes.

Mom: Anyway, how's Alexa?
A.: She's good. She's in Hong Kong.
Mom: Really? Doing what?
A.: Teaching English.
Mom: She already graduated?
A.: Yeah, this summer.

Mom: Anyway, we're about to go to a different beach.
A.: Okay. Have fun and say hello to everyone.

No comments: