Tuesday, December 9, 2008

WTF

Homeownership has brought out in me many people-I-never-thought-I-would-become. The latest and perhaps most worrisome is the one who complains that you can't get good help these days.

I took some friends' advice and complained about what did not get cleaned in the house. The cleaning service offered to come back and clean them. As agreed, I left a list of areas for cleaning on the dining room table. Those areas included ceiling fans (I listed both) and the tops of the kitchen cabinet. On the bright side, the ceiling fan in the kitchen got cleaned-- that I noticed right away because-- who knew-- the top of it was white rather than black. The one in my bedroom did not get cleaned, nor did the kitchen cabinets. This is not okay.

Apart from that, the house is slowly coming together. I have blinds in my bedroom (it only took me four hours) so I don't have to turn the lights off when I get dressed, and the kitchen is looking good. Lots remains to be done, but I'm getting there.

No comments: