Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy happy

Happy Hanukah and happy (belated) Shab-e-yalda/winter solstice. I'm certainly happy that I have enough oil and that the days are going to get lighter from now on.

Not much new on the mom blog front. She did call last week from Target-- she couldn't find dad, and asked me to call him... but for the same reason she couldn't reach him, i.e. he was in a part of the store with no signal, I couldn't, either, but eventually they did find each other. Anyway, she called last night:

Mom: We're snowed in, haven't moved the car all weekend. I haven't been computer shopping, so you won't have a separate computer to work from.
A.: I don't need one-- I'll be going into the office.
Mom: Oh, you won't need one?
A.: No, I told you I'd be going in to the office.
Mom: Oh. Yes, you did. I thought you still needed a computer.
A.: I'm bringing one.

Anyway, pretty uneventful stuff as conversations with mom go. I have no doubt that I'll have more interesting material come Wednesday night. For now, I'll leave you with news of another sign our society is still awash in too much disposable income and bad taste.

1 comment:

artistchiq said...

Those dolls seem to be the talk of the day. Your blog posting is the THIRD time I've heard about them today, all from different people independently and unrelated. The first was from a manager who said that he had heard about it (in the context of talking about his 4 year old daughter wanting a "doll that pees") and then from a friend at work who read a Post article and now you! It must be the hottest new thing. I for one think that it's going too far.