Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Boston

Is the T a joke? Do people really commute on that thing? Did I once think it passed for a modern, urban transit system? I mean, the new glass-encasing at Charles/MGH is nice. The doubled fare, not so much. But it's so ratty. I mean, people complain about the metro in DC, as well they should sometimes, but perhaps their benchmark is Shanghai or Moscow.

Complaints aside, I love this city. I love walking around it, even in the cold. I have years and years of memories here. It's good to be in the city, working-- in spite of my Newyearsitis/senioritis, which makes it hard to focus-- because otherwise I'd just be following mom to Walmarts and AJ Wright's. I'm loving the freedom of spending time in the city and going whereever I want. Why don't I get out more all the time?

***
Jay has gotten obnoxious and must be stopped:

I think we may have to come up with a handicap system for those of us who are *ahem* blessed with abundant trivial knowledge (although everyone knows sports questions are my kryptonite) since I can get kinda rapacious with trivia pie pieces...

Tomorrow we'll see who gets the most trivia pie. Mmm, pie.

No comments: