Wednesday, December 24, 2008

E-card

Please understand that my holiday cards will be late this year. I take holiday cards very seriously-- to me, they are thank-you notes to people for being in my life. For that reason, I make sure that they're personal and I take time to write each one and think of each person individually. It's not just that I feel no need to run through what I've done in the last year-- that's why I have a blog-- or send a picture of me-- that's why I have a Picasa account. It has been an eventful year-- new job, new house... I'd almost say new continent, but I did take the ferry over to Asia last December when I was in Istanbul. What else? First root canal, first set of power tools... I could go on about things acquired, but I feel pretty liberated about having gotten rid of so much stuff to prepare for the move. Fascinating stuff.

So, you see, sending that kind of holiday card wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. I'll write soon, but in the mean time--and for those of you I don't know--I'd like to electronically thank you for being in my life.

Season's Greetings!

A.

No comments: