Saturday, December 27, 2008

On the topic of breakfast...

Mom: It's not healthy to get up at 4am.
A.: First of all, I usually get up at 5am, but I wanted to get a full work day in and not feel rushed before I left for the airport. But I think as long as you get enough sleep, the exact hours are less important.
Mom: You get up at 5am?

This shouldn't be news. After all, I've gone over this, at least in the context of why I don't like it when she calls me after 10pm.

A.: Usually, yes.
Mom: How long does it take you to get to work?
A.: About 35 minutes door-to-door.
Mom: So you get to work at 5:35?
A.: Well, no. I shower, dress, feed the cat, have breakfast, read the paper, do yoga sometimes...
Mom: Oh. Well, I don't usually have breakfast.
A.: I don't function if I haven't had breakfast.
Mom: Eating is overrated.

No comments: