Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday evening roundup

Honduras is lawless in a tragic way. Vietnam persecutes bloggers. Argentina clamps down on opposition media.

I thought this story about National Airport crowding was sensational, until a friend let me know he'd missed a flight in spite of arriving an hour early.

Flying etiquette allows for requests but also allows for them to be declined.

Yeah, when you're vegan, everyone's a nutrition expert. More here:
"Everybody cares what I eat now," Foster said. "They didn't care before, but they do now. Everybody is a nutritionist now and they're an expert on protein. Every day, every single day somebody knows something new to do. I just smile and say, 'OK.' "  
This is my favorite:
"Then I did some research with doctors who in their world are considered kind of radical. To me, it's radical we have heart disease and 12-year-old kids with diabetes."
 So true.

No comments: