Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Correction

I had confused two instances in which mom butt her nose into my frequent flier miles. One was when I was looking at tickets to come to Boston and they were expensive, and mom suggested I use miles. I balked. It's stupid to use miles for a DC-Boston trip when you can use the same amount of miles to fly across the country. That's what I thought she was referring to.

But apparently there was another "incident" that had slipped my mind because it was so... incidental. I just asked dad if there was a specific instance where mom had asked me for miles and I refused her, and he said there was one point where mom said, "you know, you can also give us miles" and you said, "I'm using them myself." I didn't even think mom was specifically asking for the miles--and dad confirmed that there was no specific trip in mind. It would have been stupid to pay to transfer the miles to my parents to have them sit there. Whereas I did have specific plans for those miles. But the way mom tells it, you'd think she had a trip in mind that I refused her.

No comments: