Sunday, January 4, 2009

Why is she not all there?

Earlier

A.: Allen says Gracie's fine...
Mom: Yes, but what about your financing?
A.: I haven't heard anything. I mean, it's Sunday. I have no reason to believe it's not fine, but I'll contact my lender tomorrow.

Ten minutes ago. Friends are over for latkes.

Natasha: So, did you find a roommate?
A.: I did.
Natasha: So, who is it?
A.: She...
Natasha: She? I thought we agreed it would be a "he."
A.: We did?
N.: Yes, for security purposes.
A.: I have an alarm system, for security purposes.
N.: So, did you get a cat?
A.: I've had a cat...
Mom: She's 'nyearshebnaya.'
A.: Huh?
Mom: There's something not quite right with her. She's not all there.
A.: Oh, she's all there. There's plenty of her there.

I mean, Gracie can be a little rat sometimes, but nobody's perfect. I'm not exactly sure what Mom has against her.

Just now
Mom: A.! There's too much oil in these eggplants! Did you add oil?
A.: No, I just added garlic, as requested.
Mom: They are absolutely not tasty!
A.: [Shrug]
Mom: They're not tasty!

She made the m-f eggplant. All I did was add garlic.

No comments: