Sunday, January 4, 2009

Complacency

In following my mother around on her shopping trips, I found some comfort flooring and thought, 'that would be great for my utility room.' [Read: it's pretty ugly, but it will save me the trouble of tiling]. Then I thought, am I going to fit that in my carry on bag (no) and would it be worth paying the $15 for checked luggage (no), and then, oh, well, I guess I'll have to tile, then. And then I thought, 'who the f* cares? That's the room where my cat poops.' And then I realized that I'd made it into homeowner complacency land.

There are still things I'll need to do, in various stages (before my first guest arrives in less than two weeks, before the renter moves in a week after that, before the anti-Valentine's day/housewarming party three weeks after that). There's also a lot of stuff that I'm just letting go.

No comments: