Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snowdaygate, continued

Details from the USA Today and
local reactions from the Post, including some good points:
bknivens:
"The Chicagoland area dedicates massive resources to snow removal, road clearing and salting, on a scale that DC -- with its often more temperate winters -- cannot afford to duplicate..."
tands23:
"I come from the West and I am surprised how easily things shut down in this city due to snow! Part of the reason are the horrendous drivers of this region who know nothing about snow or ice on roads," a point with which many other out-of-towners agreed.

fmjk:
"We know how to pull over when the President's motorcade goes by. We endure the comings and goings of every Congress, without getting a vote in any of them. Perhaps Obama would like to help us with that..."


I agree: it was VERY icy yesterday and I walked very slowly to and from the metro. But why can't they salt the streets? That's all I'm saying.

No comments: