Saturday, January 3, 2009

Fashion police: gym edition

We're going to the gym. I ask mom if she has gym shorts or pants I could borrow. She pulls out a sweatsuit. The pants work well.

Mom: You're not taking the top?
A.: No, it doesn't fit me and I don't need it.
Mom: If you don't take the whole thing, you can't have any of it!
A.: What??
Mom: It goes together.
A.: Actually, it looks kind of dorky together. Besides, it's going to be hot, I'm going to be moving, and I don't need long sleeves.
Mom: Yes you do.
A.: Mom, look: it doesn't fit.
Mom: You're going in that?? [indicating the t-shirt I'm wearing]
A.: Yes.
Mom: It's ugly.
A.: So?
Mom: So why are you wearing it?
A.: We're going to the gym.
Mom: Put on the top that goes with the pants.
A.: No. Even if I wanted to, it doesn't fit me.
Mom: Yes it does.
A.: No, mom.
Mom: That t-shirt is ugly. You look ugly.
A.: Okay.

Mom slams the door.

No comments: