Monday, January 5, 2009

Breakfast

Mom: So, your kitchen is smaller than ours?
A.: Uh-huh.

Mom shook her head in amused disbelief-- same expression that she uses to appraise my time-stopping stomach.

Mom: How are you going to do anything?
A.: Well, I have about the same amount of counter space, and it's not an eat-in kitchen, so there's no table taking up space.
Mom: Does the dining room have windows?
A.: No. You've already asked me that several times.
Mom: That's not good. It's nice to eat and watch the birds out the window.
A.: [Shrug]

Mom: This would be so much tastier fried in bacon.
A.: Well, tomorrow you can make your own, fried in bacon.
Mom: Although I do feel bad for pigs, too. But can you imagine if they were just allowed to reproduce without predation?
A.: I'm pretty sure the bacon you eat comes from hogs raised in factory farms rather than wild ones.

Mom: You should hang up a small TV, so you can watch it in the morning while you're getting ready.
A.: The last thing I want to do in the morning while I'm getting ready is watch TV.
Mom: Well, that way you can get news, weather and traffic.
A.: I get the first two online, and I don't need traffic.
Mom: That takes too much time, and with TV you get local stations.
A.: I don't need local stations. I don't need to be distracted with cutesy morning BS. I need to get the information I want and then get ready for work without distraction.
Mom: Suit yourself.

No comments: