Friday, January 2, 2009

morning drama

Mom: Are you going to be on the computer all morning?

That was at 9:15. Since then she's been slamming things around to indicate her displeasure.

A.: I'm reading the paper.
Mom: Can't you read it later?
A.: What's the hurry?
Mom: We agreed we'd go early.
A.: We did?

Here's what I recall from earlier:

A.: What time are we going to the museum?
Mom: Let's go early in the day.
A.: Okay.

I didn't realize that "early" meant that I wouldn't have twenty minutes to read the paper.

I'm enjoying taking my time this morning. I worked the first three days of this week, which meant I woke up early and felt rushed, and then yesterday was up super late. I didn't think it would be a problem to sleep in and have a lazy morning, especially since mom woke me up in the middle of the night.

The middle of the night

Door opens, light goes on.

A.: WTF?
Mom: I need to get sheets.

She couldn't have done this earlier? For what seemed like ages, she opened drawers, pulled thing out, and dropped them on my bed, i.e. on me. I didn't time it, but it was a while. So I'm sorry if I slept in until about 8am. And wanted to read the paper in the morning. I anticipate an adventurous yoga session.

No comments: