Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday evening roundup

One region in China has an interesting answer to gridlock: the straddling bus.

A more empirical look at the twenties are the new teens phenomenon.

Hypocrites in Alaska and hypocrites coming out of Alaska.

Spirit Airlines may be cheap, but more and more customers are finding that that doesn't make up for its BS.

In the event you'd like to lose your appetite, check out this slideshow of state fair foods on a stick.

How did I miss this the first time around?? Apparently I was in China. Anyway, to what extent does literature matter when you're dating? I'd say quite a bit--not in the way of specific books, but in one's relationship to words, stories, etc.

I LOVE "The Straightforward Mermaid by Matthea Harvey. I don't think I've ever posted to a New Yorker poem before, but that one just rocks.

No comments: