Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday evening roundup

Have I mentioned that I won't be going near the Mall this weekend? If I have, I didn't know at the time that the Glenn Beck rally will be on par with the moon landing.

On that note, a species that can land on the moon can certainly remember to bring a reusable shopping bag.

This piece on fire-and-drought-induced food shortages in Russia really emphasizes the staple status of buckwheat.

Michael Pollan on the real cost of cheap food (i.e., eggs).

Marriage tips from Samantha Bee and Jason Jones. The one about cleaning is interesting: I'm forgiving (and neglectful) of paper mess, but have no tolerance whatsoever for food mess. When my mom is here and insists on eating in the living room (or biting into her toast over the floor rather than her plate), it drives me up the wall. I'm somewhere in between on dust mess--I can go a week without vacuuming, but no more than that, under any circumstances.

Speaking of marriage tips, this husband has issues.

I hope they make affordable tickets available for "Follies."

No comments: