Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday morning roundup

Look to Britain when you think about electing people who'd gut social programs, and to France when you see race/immigrant baiting.

New sanctions aim to keep the North Korean elites from their yachts.

Speaking of North Korea, that article I posted months ago was horrific, but it didn't make me sick to my stomach like this one about Siberian prisons. Something about knowing that that's how my grandfather perished makes it that much more painful to read.

It's a wonder--maggots and scurrying rodents and all--that the salmonella outbreak didn't hit until now.

Toles on Beck.

I'm so glad that (a) I don't belong to a homeowners' association; and (b) my neighbors are highly unlikely to fly a flag increasingly associated with the tea party.

Oooh, that's bad:
"There is a pervasive, systemic failure in our infrastructure," said Maryland House Majority Leader Kumar P. Barve (D-Montgomery). "I have relatives in Mumbai who cannot believe how often we lose power."
A judge stops one of the VA AG's bull$hit endeavors. Now he can go do something productive with our tax money. Besides, I've a very personal reason for reducing carbon emissions. If we could just get all of VA's poison ivy sufferers to unite against this assault on common sense...

No comments: