Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday morning roundup

Floods and changing times are testing Pakistan's feudal system.

Meet Japan's answer to the Tea Party. They could use some branding help, as "Citizens Group That Will Not Forgive Special Privileges for Koreans in Japan" [sic] doesn't roll off the tongue.

I would actually love to try gefilte fish with Jamaican seasoning.

Why and how not to let the "mamma grizzlies" hijack feminism. Also: Frank Rich on the Koch brothers behind the Tea Party. (Yes, he talks about the New Yorker article). Also check out what Robert McCartney has to say, as he actually showed up and interviewed some of the rallyers.

1 comment:

Ernessa T. Carter said...

I loved that Orthodox black Jews article, but wanted it to go further. When I was working for the UJF, I had a yenta try to set me up with her orthodox black clients from the door. And she was truly disappointed when i turned out not to be Jewish. It concerned me because she put so much work into her white matches, but didn't even consider setting her black clients up with white women, even though none of them specified black (I asked). Really insulting. Also I wanted them to talk about how heavily the black orthodox community skews male. I know I found that intriguing when I was involved with the UJF