Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday evening roundup

The only surprising thing about this story on Chinese arms in African conflict zones is that it's news.

Sufi sites in Libya are under attack.

A Colombian writer memorializes his father.

There's more to Jeffrey Rosen's review of David K. Shipler's "Rights at Risk" than the anecdote about the TSA and the t-shirt, but it stands out because of today's story about appropriate attire on airplanes. When is a message shirt offensive? As someone who feels little need to broadcast my beliefs on my chest (though I'd make an exception for an "I eat carbs" shirt), I still bristle at the idea of censorship by selective boarding rights.

Speaking of appropriate attire, it's okay for kids of diaper age to wear only diapers.

Does Gene Weingarten read the very paper he writes for? Crime is low? Pick up the Metro section of the Post. Also, I'm sorry but Metro carpets are filthy as all hell. Oh, and you know what's really not cool? Gene Weingarten's comic strip. But yes, Chinatown has "authenticity issues" and we can have a conversation about how cool Forbes' designated cities are.

Please don't take my Droid away. Oh, you should hear what Lewis Black says about Droids (and other stuff). Watch "In God We Rust," it's hilarious.

No comments: