Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wednesday morning roundup

New York City may soon be even better represented on the Supreme Court. Protestants won't be represented at all.

The Post summarizes three new books on organics. I appreciate the role of that first company, but if you want to do even better, put down the jarred baby food and make some yourself.

Although it was the headline--which concerned an engaged couple's "fundraiser" party--that drew my attention, it was the second letter that inspired me to post Miss Manner's column. Really, people? You're going to bring up dishwashing gloves in couples' counseling? I really don't know what to say to you.

While we're on advice columns (and bizarre control issues), see this older one from Carolyn Hax. I'm so glad she's addressing the vegetarian guest of honor issue, this being a discussion I've had many a time with my parents (who, by the way, were just fine without meat or chicken this weekend).

1 comment:

Ernessa T. Carter said...

Hahaha, I was actually all about the third letter! Surprised that Miss Manners advised that she should pay! I invited a boy to prom and he paid for his own ticket. It never even occurred to me to offer to pay for his too...