Sunday, May 2, 2010

Response to comment, followed by a ramble

HFCS aside, it would have been just as worrying had the first ingredient been sugar. Who needs that much sugar in a sauce? Homemade BBQ sauce is always a good bet. The Farm Vegetarian Cookbook has a good recipe. Some of you may be amused but not surprised that the sauce is a suggested accompaniment to barbecued tempeh (tempeh being one of the grossest foodstuffs on the planet).

I thought about posting, but didn't, this item about travelers stuck in New York because of the volcano. One of them complains about the cost of getting real food, with vegetables, in the city's restaurants. I don't know--my NYC restaurant experience is limited--but I felt that way about traveling and dining in Japan.

In another article I thought about posting but didn't, this writer shares the difficulties of following road rules as a cyclist in New York. Just last week I had this conversation with a friend (who is distinctly anti-bike). If you people weren't trying to kill me all the time, it would be easier for me to follow the rules. You're the ones who have turned it into an every vehicle for itself situation, and my bike is a vehicle. I have as much right to be on the road as you do.

No comments: