Saturday, May 8, 2010

Responses to comments

(1) Thanks for the birthday wishes!

(2) ETC, your husband's spot on--"your problem is our problem" is what any relationship is about. That's why, for example, back in the day before I knew better than not to travel with my mother, I was horrified that she would say things like, "well, I'm pulling over at McDonald's because I like it." Mind you, in her case, it was all about making that statement, but it also reflected a missing of the point: we're in this together; it's worth finding something that works for everyone (including when there's something right next door).

1 comment:

Ernessa T. Carter said...

Happy Birthday! Should have said it last night. Sorry! Sorry!

Also, you're so right about that being the basis of any good relationship. My sister and BFF both think like this, and I think this is what makes them such fantastic bosses.