Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday roundup

Okay but it's back to 'My TIVO Thinks I'm Gay.' I was taken aback--once I figured out what Buzz was--that Google opted to include a contractor of whom I'd requested an estimate for a shed. It's bad enough that people I barely know--mortgage lenders I didn't go with--are inviting me to linked in, but I really could live without a social network of service providers. Now, I've not posted anything to Buzz--if people want to know what I'm up to, they can read my blog (and I reiterate that I'll never subject people to the mundane details of what I'm up to unless I feel the need to tie it into some higher social meaning, or share funny dialogue). Or gloat about where I was this past week (see upcoming post).

Gail Collins gets a special shout-out this morning because this column made me laugh hysterically, thus scaring the cat that was sitting on me and head-butting me from time to time. I missed you, too, Gracie, but mommy has $hit to do. Such as gloat about where she was this past week.

The Post's circulation department does not get a shout-out this morning, because they once again failed to respect my request for hold on delivery (in fact, the one time they did respect it, the trip was canceled). I'm not dealing with the piled-up Posts this morning, but you may see them in future roundups.

No comments: