Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday evening roundup

Market fables.

Oh, Pat Robertson, you sure do know how to pick 'em.

***
Disclaimer: I LOVE 30 Rock and I think Tina Fey is brilliant, beautiful and hot.

In light of the latter two, I wonder why people are so amazed that she's successful. Mind you, it's Vogue, but why does so much of this interview revolve around body issues? Yet, I'm glad she's so openly healthy about them.

Second disclaimer: When I was in HI last week, the place I worked had an old (almost four year-old) photo of me on file from the first time I ever went there, which they printed onto my badge. It was shocking to see that picture--I looked noticeably younger. And thinner. As in, you could tell from just my face that I was thinner then. It was unnerving, and, yet, it was pretty easy to let it go. My focus on these days is eating healthily--and not in terms of ingredients, because that's never been a problem for me, but in terms of habits. Like mindfulness. I eat when I'm hungry; I don't eat when I'm full; I eat slowly, at a table, doing nothing other than eating. And I refuse to think of myself as fat.

No comments: