Saturday, February 6, 2010

Phone call

Message from mom: Where are you? You should be sitting at home with the phone nearby!

Mom: Hello?
A.: Hi.
Mom: So, where were you? Out shoveling snow? In the bathroom?
A.: I was on the phone.

Wow. Mom really thinks I don't have any friends. The possibility that I might be on the phone with someone does not cross her mind.

Mom: So, you're getting lot's of snow?
A.: You could say that. The heaviest of it fell overnight, but it's supposed to keep snowing until this evening.
Mom: Did you shovel?
A.: Yeah, I shoveled last night and then again just now. I cleared the path through the front lawn, as well as the sidewalk. I'm saving the back for when I get stir crazy again. Everything's closed and the metro's shut down.
Mom: Have you cleaned off your car?
A.: No. I'm not driving anywhere.

Mom: Do you know anything about Seagate?
A.: Seagate what?
Mom: I have a Seagate storage drive I'm trying to use to transfer files to the new laptop.
A.: No.

Mom launches into a tirade about Seagate.

A.: Mom, I'd really have to see it and do it myself--I can't help you over the phone.
Mom: Well, could you ask someone?
A.: Ask someone what?
Mom: About Seagate?
A.: No. But I can take a look at it next time.
Mom: That doesn't help.
A.: Sorry.

Mom and dad start arguing about something. Eventually, they remember that I'm on the line.

Mom: We can discuss that later.
A.: Yes, please do.
Mom: So, what are you going to do?
A.: [Shrug] Clean. Shovel. Read.
Mom: Have fun with that.

No comments: