Friday, February 26, 2010

Phone call

Mom: Where were you, in this weather?
A.: I just got home from work.
Mom: Lots of work?
A.: Yeah.
Dad: Okay, the sound's off.
A.: Huh?
Dad: The TV's on. They're sweeping the floor again.
A.: What? Who?
Dad: You know, the curlers.
Mom: When are you leaving?
A.: What?
Mom: For vacation?
A.: April.
Mom: Oh, April.
A.: I sent you my itinerary.
Mom: Like I'm going to search through my e-mail!
A.: Well, you've asked me numerous times. That might be more efficient a this point.
Mom: How's the cat?
A.: Fine. She's playing.
Mom: What's she playing?
Dad: Ha.
A.: She's found or hallucinated something on the floor, and she's chasing after it.
Mom: I wonder why people find that interesting to watch.
A.: Um, I thought you liked watching cats at play as much as anyone.
Mom: I meant the curling.

No comments: