Sunday, November 29, 2009

spots

Mom: Hello?
A.: Hi, I'm returning your call.
Dad: You're online on Skype.
A.: I was talking to Marcela. Want me to call you on Skype?
Dad: Sure.
...
Dad: I see you!
A.: I don't see you.
Dad: Mom did something to the settings.
A.: I see.
Dad: Anyone else? Where's the cat?
A.: Let me go get her.
...
Dad: I see her. Now I see her belly.
Mom: Let me go over there.
...
Mom: I don't see any belly. I just see spots.
A.: That would be her belly. I'm going to let her go.
***
Mom: You've aged.
Dad: No, she hasn't. You look fine.
Mom: I wouldn't have recognized you.
Dad: I recognize you.
Mom: No, something's wrong. You look odd.
A.: [Shrug]
Mom: Besides, it's past your bedtime.
A.: I do need to start getting ready for bed.
Mom: Goodnight.
Dad: Goodnight.
A.: Goodnight.

1 comment:

wwc said...

Hilarious! I love it.