Saturday, November 28, 2009

Phone call

A.: Hello?
Mom: How are you? How's your mood?
A.: Fine...
Mom: Let me call your dad to the phone...

[Horrible screech]

A.: Mom!!!! Make it stop.

[Horrible screech]

Mom: Okay, it's over. I'm not sure why that happens when I put on the speaker phone.
Dad: How was the museum?
A.: ...

[Horrible screech]

A.: What is going on?
Mom: So, how was the museum?
A.: Good. The one I initially went to had a long line outside so I went to the Freer instead...
Mom: Of course, you're doing us both an enormous favor by telling us about it.
A.: What??
Mom: Based on the tone of your voice. You're privileging us with your museum story.
A.: The tone of my voice is based on the headache I have from that screeching sound. But never mind. The museum was fine. How are you?
Mom: Fine. You know, I'm looking at the coverage of the traffic on the East Coast as people are starting to disperse. It's bad. I can only imagine what it will be like tomorrow.
A.: Mom, you don't have to...
Mom: How's the weather.
A.: Sunny and chilly...
Mom: Here, too.

No comments: