Friday, November 13, 2009

RM update

Last night, before going to bed, I went downstairs and moved the styrofoam box, whose food remnants stunk to high heaven, into the covered trash. In doing so, I discovered a soda can to be moved to the recycling bin. I was tempted to suggest to RM that he switch to water in the evening so as to lessen the need to get up in the middle of the night, but I didn't want to go there. But get up in the middle of the night he did, and wake up and itch from my poison ivy I did. To add insult to injury, in the morning, he said, "you slept good!" First of all, jackass, sleeping until 6ish, when one went to bed after 10pm, isn't really cause for exclamation. Second of all, I'd have slept better had you not gotten up in the middle of the night to stomp to the bathroom. The fact that you have the audacity to comment on how well I slept, knowing that you stomped to the bathroom--that it doesn't even occur to you that I woke up when you did that--speaks to your ever-surprising lack of self-awareness.

As it is, I decided to take a mental health day with a few work-from-home breaks. I'm so incoherent from a week of poor, itchy, disrupted sleep that it just didn't make sense to go in. Of course, "sleeping in" bore the unintended consequence of putting me at breakfast at the same time as roommate, who decided to talk to me about the weather (and the quality of my sleep).

I went to put my dishes away. In typical RM empty-gesture fashion, he gallantly said, "don't worry, I'll take care of the dishes." I said, "I'm just going to put them [two bowls and two spoons] in the dishwasher. That's what it's there for."

No comments: