Monday, November 16, 2009

Phone call

Mom: Hello!
A.: Hi, Mom!
Mom: What's new?
A.: I actually have to run in a minute, but I wanted to ask you about Elena. Mirella hasn't been able to reach her and she's concerned.
Mom: She's in NYC because her mom's not well.
A.: Is she okay?
Mom: It's not too serious.
A.: That's good.
Mom: Listen, I'm bringing you cider...
A.: Okay. I'll call later, I have to go. But actually, since you're thinking of stuff to bring... remember how for years you accused me of having pilfered your kitchen scale, so I bought you another one, and then afterward you decided to buy another one just because you saw it?
Mom: Yeah. I gave you the one you bought.
A.: No, you didn't. You forgot it last time. Would you bring it?
Mom: Remind me.
A.: I'm reminding you now.
Mom: Ha! Remind me closer to the date.
A.: Okay. Bye.

No comments: