Saturday, November 21, 2009

Agreement

A.: Do you have clippers? I had a pair but I can't find them. Or they got stolen.
Mom: What?
A.: To cut thinnish branches. Dad asked me if there were any tools I wanted you to bring.
Mom: I don't think so. They were stolen? We have all sorts of stuff in the back yard that's never been stolen.
A.: That's wonderful.
Mom: Should I bring you a mushroom-mashed potato casserole?
A.: No, mom.
Mom: Everyone loves it! If people know I'm bringing it, they save room for it. I'd bring one and it would be better than any of the dishes you're making.
A.: That's the attitude.
Dad: Seriously, why are you...
Mom: Whatever! Everyone loves it!
A.: Broaden your horizons. You're not hosting this Thanksgiving.
Mom: I am bringing potato pancakes, at least for us.
A.: Mom, I'm sure you go stay with other people and don't bring your own food.
Mom: They're so good.
A.: Fine: bring whatever you want, eat whatever you want. I'm done. Oh, except herring. I'd never get the smell out.
Mom: You make a good point. We just spilled some by accident and it does smell.
A.: I'm glad we agree on something.

No comments: