Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday morning roundup

I think it would be fun to have a job where you watch sitcoms and count obscenities.

I hope that the people saying that "champagne is needed in tough times"--much like those that say that jewelry is an investment--are just bullshitting for marketing purposes. I hope they don't actually believe it.

If you can stand another commentary on the Berlin Wall, George Packer's analysis is worthwhile (and short).

Yes, dooring is painful and expensive. And I appreciate the District's steps forward, but can we have a bike lane on the southbound side of 7th Street? Please? And while you're at it, do ticket those jackass delivery truck drivers who park in bike lanes.

Goodbye, Lou Dobbs.

Looks like the women who most actively eschew feminism and abortion rights will now have to put their money where their mouth is. But I commend the straightforwardness of the move--at least you know where you are with the GOP; there's no pretense of choice.

1 comment:

etc from Fierce and Nerdy said...

Hahaha, I applied w/ the Standards & Practices department of the then WB when I first got to L.A. They were AWESOME, so much fun, had so many great stories. Man, was I bummed when I didn't get that job. But it should be noted that they wanted you to have a Masters to do that job. I wasn't quite sure why. M/b b/c it was such a sweet gig, they wanted you to at least have student loans to pay back.