Thursday, December 26, 2013

Thursday morning roundup

There definitely has to be a better system, than the default to emergency rooms, for mental health treatment.

I'm sick of bok choy and find it to be a pretty useless vegetable. Then again, 'pretty useless' is how I've always found Barbara Damrosch's columns (remember 'got an unannounced vegan? go pick some veggies from your garden!'?).

Speaking of useless writers, here's Gawker's list of 2013's least important writers. I appreciate most of the designations (though, as I always say about Friedman, he's good when he writes about what he knows: the Middle East; otherwise, he really is just regurgitating the same column), to the extent that I've heard of them. Occasionally Kathleen Parker comes out with something coherent, but most of the time--including her latest--I just think, what on earth was the point of that? Don't get me started on Elizabeth Wurtzel (or Richard Cohen). I had not heard of Stephen Marche, but holy crap. And he may not be the worst at Esquire.


No comments: