Saturday, December 21, 2013

Open letter to comment spammers

Dear comment spammers:

The joke's on you guys: very few people read my blog, and almost no one reads older posts--the ones where you try to adapt your comment to the theme. I mean, this is priceless:
I loved this story. The characters were rich and had depth. I enjoyed the evolution of the grandfather and grand daughter's relationship. I also don't know much about the Balcans and it was great to read about that part of the world. I loved how she writes about what the villagers believe about the Tiger's Wife. I also enjoyed the Deathless Man. Great stories! i enjoy digging into this kind of book, cuddling up and reading it. Its a page turner. I read it quickly.
(The link was in the commenter's name; the comment has since been deleted from the post.)

I just got a slightly less wrought spam-comment about zucchini pancakes (let's see if I get it again just for using the term). If you're reading this, comment-spammers, I'll tell you right now that you're wasting your time: no one's going to see your comment--not least because I'll delete it as soon as I'm notified of it--and even if someone did see it, you're not fooling anyone. But you probably won't read this, so you're going to waste your time nonetheless.

1 comment:

Tmomma said...

This is too funny! I have my blog set so I have to review the comment before it'll post. I did that just because the blog is mostly about our kids and even though the random comment from someone i don't know was kind, I don't have any dreams of my blog going viral or want it to get attention outside of family/friends. I am updating it more frequently though.