Friday, December 27, 2013

Mom rambles as I read

Mom: Nobody else will tell you the truth about yourself. You exude no warmth. Only cold. You see nothing that's important. You can consider that you didn't hear me, but you will get it; it will register. Sooner or later you will remember what I said and know that I'm right. You're all brains, with no room left for anything human. No warmth, nothing.

Mom: How is your friend?
A.: Huh?
Mom: She, thank goodness, got married and had a baby. You know whom I'm talking about.
A.: You could be referring to a number of my friends.
Mom: You know who!
A.: I don't. I need more information.
Mom: You know whom I'm talking about!

Mom is now going on and on and on about how women shouldn't work full time and I'm the only one with that problem. Meanwhile, I'm wasting her good genes.

Mom: Your dad has okay genes, but I have excellent ones. And they're going to waste! You're wasting them!

Dad comes in, takes as much as he can.

Dad: What are you on about??
Mom: I can see it. I speak the truth. I can't get through to her because her heart is enveloped in coldness. If I don't say it, no one will. She is pure coldness.

[Pause.]

Mom: Such genes, going to waste!

No comments: