Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sunday afternoon roundup

Neil Gaiman writes women by writing people and Kevin Smith won't stand for misogynists. Actually, it's worth reading his entire post.

There are constructive and thoughtful ways to write about the Nottoway Plantation clusterf*, and they're not on Twitter.

For the gazillionth time, feminism isn't a full-time, all-consuming exercise in ideological purity and commitment. I'm not even going to link to my earlier posts on the topic because there have been so many, so recently.

I had a full blog post on this recently and then I deleted it because I felt bad, but now I'm sick of the whiners. Look, I'm sorry that you ladies can't fit into your seats and that some people judge you for it. I'm not judging you, but as one of you pointed out,
if people pay for a service, it's the seller's obligation to accommodate those people and provide the service they paid for.
Well, I've paid for a full seat, so you'll forgive me if I'm less than thrilled that you'll be taking up some of it? It's not about you; it's about your infringing upon my space. If you need two seats, buy two seats; don't just take some of mine.

No comments: