Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday evening roundup

Alright, before we get to the food stuff and fun stuff, here's something that should infuriate you whether or not you give a rat's ass about the nation's food system.

How parenting fosters righteous indignation in just about everyone.

The potemkin slaughterhouse that Cargill showed Oprah and her viewers.

The government has come out with aquaculture guidelines.

I'd previously seen the Colbert video on Wyngz (maybe I even posted it?) but I also love Grist's framing here.

Lord Gaga is coming out with a cookbook (I told Jay it was perfect for him).

I also told Jay he was ahead of the trend on talking in Twitter speak. The Express actually spells out some of the acronyms on pg.11. I hope Jay knows to be worried now that I've learned "IWBAPTAKYAIYSTA!"

BTW, when Jay was here I learned all this gay terminology, and when we went to look up some terms in a gay glossary, even he learned something new--disco related injury (DRI). We both found that one very amusing.

I am such a child, because--with all due respect to Fort Wayne, Indiana's former mayor, as I do hope the city he served finds a way to honor him--I think this is hilarious.

No comments: