Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday morning roundup

A very interesting look at how the Egyptian revolution unfolded. Meanwhile, the White House studies recent revolutions and transitions. Over in Tunisia, elation has turned to figuring out how to get from here to there. There being, good governance, employment opportunities, etc.

Infrastructure is a priority for Americans, but paying for it is not.

My personal perspective aside, Petula Dvorak's anti-Valentine's Day column is much more convincing and better written than this defense of Valentine's Day. I bring this up partly, well, because it's the seasonal thing to do, but it's also a reflection on Slate. I could barely get through that second column (admittedly, she lost me at how buying organic is smug--really? you see no genuine benefits to buying organic?? but even that aside...) there are so many people writing out there that don't merit the column space. I'm just saying.

No comments: